Well I’m joining in the Viva Carlos fun. I don’t feel much like writing… apparently to the point that I almost spelt writing with an ‘r’. Yep that’s what the first week of classes has done to me.
Really I’d like to be saying something in regards to Laurens post yesterday and the garbage on Reddit over Kristen’s post. But my brain hurts. So those thoughts will have to wait for another day. I’ll just leave it at this: people need to stop being such assholes to each other!!!
Four names that people call me or have called me in the past other than my real name:
1. Boo – My old boss (whom I’m quite close with) still calls me this.
2. Monkey – ex-best friend used to call me this. No idea why. Maybe she could see the future and knew that’s what I’d end up studying.
3. E – I used to have a friend that we called D so naturally I got called E.
4. Annie – My baby sister (doesn’t matter that she’s 26yrs old) called me this when she first started to talk. I guess Erin was too hard to say.
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Tim Hortons – My first job. This is what helped me pay for my first horse.
2. Bush Camp Counsellor at the Toronto Zoo – Coolest job ever! Me and 3 other girls designed and then ran the program. Basically it was an overnight camp in the African Savannah area of the zoo.
3. Book store – This lasted for about a second. It was a great job for me because I love to read but the pay was not great. I quickly found another job.
4. Random office positions at my current place of employment – I hate office work but it pays the bills.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Back to the Future – All 3 of them. Many times. John got me hooked on them.
2. Jurassic Park – Again all of them. I’m a dino nerd.
3. Calamity Jane – I love old movies/musicals. This one is just fun.
4. Avatar – Love this movie. It speaks to me on an ecological/conservation level.
It’s going to be hard for me to stick to only four so I’m cheating. Four books/series I’d recommend:
1. Women of the Otherworld (series) by Kelley Amrstrong – So good that they’ve turned it into a TV show. The books are better though.
2. Mercy Thomas (series) by Patricia Briggs – A coyote shifter mechanic saves the day and falls in love. Typical fantasy with werewolves, vampires and fairies.
3. Walker Papers (series) by C E Murphy – A cop/shaman learns the ropes of her powers, deals with her issues and (spoiler alert) save the day.
4. Alex Craft (series) by Kalayna Price – she raises the dead in order to solve murders.
Four places I’ve visited:
1. Rudabanya Hungary
2. London England
3. Italy – Florence, Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, Siena and Venice
4. Cloud forest and amazon basin Peru
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. Riding my horse
2. digging for fossils
3. Studying primates in a forest somewhere
4. Travelling the world
Four things I prefer not to eat:
3. Jello/pudding/mousse – anything with that kind of consistency
Four of my favourite foods:
1. My mom’s cooking – roast beef diner with Yorkshire pudding, family rib recipe, Turkey with stuffing and all the fixings, etc.
2. Pad Thai from Golden Thai
3. Mexican from Milagro
Four TV shows I watch:
1. Modern Family
2. Brooklyn 99
3. 2 Broke Girls
4. New Girl
I like to watch things that make me laugh.
Four things I’m looking forward to in the next 365 days:
1. The Royal Winter Fair
2. Blanketing my horse – last year I was only leasing him so he was in the riding school part of the time. Therefore no blankets. Now that he is mine he’s going to be blanketed and possibly clipped depending on how his coat grows.
3. Travelling somewhere – possibly down to Florida for WEF
4. A very important and exciting event that I can’t talk about yet. Shhh it’s a secret!
Four things I’m always saying:
1. WTF – only not the short form and with a strong emphasis on the F.
2. Ummm No.
4. GOD DAMIT TUCKER!!!
Thanks L for this great post idea!